🍞🥖One of the biggest things people are concerned about when starting Keto is that they’re going to miss bread. There are so many different Keto bread recipes…. I absolutely LOVE this bagel recipe. SUPER Easy and so delicious. 💥Lord! I had one today – sliced, and then slathered with Grass Fed Ghee and a little extra Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. SOOOO Good! And filling!!
1 1/2 cup Almond flour
1 tbsp Gluten-free baking powder
2 1/2 Cups Mozzarella cheese (grated)
2 oz Cream Cheese
2 Large Eggs
Everything But the Bagel Seasoning or Sesame Seeds (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2. Stir the almond flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3. Beat the eggs with a fork in a separate small bowl – set aside.
4. Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese in a large bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Stir again at the end until well incorporated. Or to heat on the stove, use a double boiler over low heat, stirring frequently, until completely melted and easy to stir.
*TIP* Spray your spoon with coconut oil cooking spray to avoid the cheese sticking.
5. Stir the flour mixture and eggs into the melted cheese. Work quickly while the cheese is still hot. Knead with your hands until you have a dough. It will be very sticky, but knead together until everything is well incorporated.
6. Divide the dough into 6 parts. Roll in your hands to get some length with each part, then press the ends together to make a bagel shape on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Spray lightly w/a little coconut cooking spray and then sprinkle the Everything But the Bagel Seasoning or Sesame Seeds and press into each bagel lightly.
7. Bake for 10-14 minutes, until the bagels are firm and golden. Keep an eye on them so they don’t get too dark. (I missed the timer the first time I made them and they were a little darker than I would’ve liked – but still Oh So Delicious!)
*Store in the refrigerator and slice to toast if you’d like it warm and crispy.
🍪These are so amazingly yummy! Especially with my freshly roasted almond butter! (See link to recipe below)
8 oz cream cheese softened
1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter softened
1/2 cup almond butter (no additives) Here’s my recipe to make your own!
1/4 to 1/3 cup swerve confectioners sweetener (erythritol) (I like 1/4 cup)
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 oz Lilly’s baking chips (stevia sweetened chocolate chips)
Cream everything together in a mixer and then spray a cookie scoop (or ice cream scoop if you want them bigger) with coconut oil cooking spray. Scoop onto a silicone mat or parchment paper on a baking tray, then freeze for 30 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.
My favorite storage containers for all my creations are these: Glass Snapware
🌟Yum! Homemade Almond Butter!
About 2 Cups Raw Organic Almonds ( I just pour out what fits on my silicone mat)
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (You may want to increase or decrease as it’s processing.)
Himalayan sea salt (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spread almonds on a silicone mat on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. (NOTE: Check the almonds at 10 minutes)
3. Pour roasted almonds into a food processor and let it run for about 5-10 minutes until desired smoothness adding coconut oil slowly once almonds are crushed. You may want to use less or more oil depending on the consistency you want to achieve.
4. If desired, add 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt or more to taste.
Voila – fresh almond butter w/no junky additives or preservatives. Store in the fridge. 🙂
👨🏻🍳 I created this recipe after reading lots of other fat bomb recipes. I made them tonight and even before they were refrigerated – they tasted amazing. I mean, I HAD to lick the beaters and the spoon, right? 😀
Tip 1 : Try some other flavors instead of banana. I’m currently having orange 🍊(like a creamsicle flavor) and going to try lemon next. 🍋
Tip 2: 🥄Spray your spoon with coconut or avocado cooking spray and they’ll slide off much better into the mold.
Tip 3: To find the flavors/extracts I use – click on the underlined words.
1 ¼ cups Cream Cheese – room temperature (1 brick plus 2 oz)
¾ cup Heavy Whipping Cream ( I use Horizon Organic)
1 tablespoon Banana Extract or Banana Flavor
10 drops Vanilla or Plain Stevia (Add or lessen to taste) AND
1 Tsp Swerve confectioners sweetener (OR You can use all stevia or all swerve or another sweetener of your choice. Just add slowly and taste after blending in each addition.)
1. Spray a 30 well silicone mold with coconut oil baking spray or line a baking sheet with parchment paper. – Set aside. (Here’s the one I use: http://bit.ly/30CavitySiliconeMold)
2. In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, heavy cream, banana extract/flavor and sweeteners until smooth and very thick, about 5 minutes.
3. Spoon into the silicone mold (I filled 25 of the 30 wells) or if using baking sheet, spoon into mounds leaving some space between each. Place the baking sheet into the freezer until firm – about 30 mins to 1 hour.
4. Pop them out and store and store your banana cream fat bombs in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.