??One of the biggest things people are concerned about when starting Keto is that they’re going to miss bread. There are so many different Keto bread recipes…. I absolutely LOVE this bagel recipe. SUPER Easy and so delicious. ?Lord! I had one today – sliced, and then slathered with Grass Fed Ghee and a little extra Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. SOOOO Good! And filling!! (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
1 1/2 cup Almond flour
1 tbsp Gluten-free baking powder
2 1/2 Cups Mozzarella cheese (grated)
2 oz Cream Cheese
2 Large Eggs
2. Stir the almond flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3. Beat the eggs with a fork in a separate small bowl – set aside.
4. Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese in a large bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Stir again at the end until well incorporated. Or to heat on the stove, use a double boiler over low heat, stirring frequently, until completely melted and easy to stir.
*TIP* Spray your spoon with coconut oil cooking spray to avoid the cheese sticking.
5. Stir the flour mixture and eggs into the melted cheese. Work quickly while the cheese is still hot. Knead with your hands until you have a dough. It will be very sticky, but knead together until everything is well incorporated.
6. Divide the dough into 6 parts. Roll in your hands to get some length with each part, then press the ends together to make a bagel shape on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Spray lightly w/a little coconut cooking spray and then sprinkle the Everything But the Bagel Seasoning or Sesame Seeds and press into each bagel lightly.
7. Bake for 10-14 minutes, until the bagels are firm and golden. Keep an eye on them so they don’t get too dark. (I missed the timer the first time I made them and they were a little darker than I would’ve liked – but still Oh So Delicious!)
*Store in the refrigerator and slice to toast if you’d like it warm and crispy.